The Search Process
Personalized service, impeccable process, results that surpass client expectations.
Step 1 – Preparation:
- Position and needs are analyzed during an intake process that involves meetings with key stakeholders.
- Position prospectus and marketing materials are created and approved.
- Recruiting strategy is formulated.
Step 2 – Recruitment:
- Extensive, nationwide, inclusive sourcing strategies are employed that involve advertising, networking, and passive candidate outreach.
- Diversity sourcing strategies are implemented and tracked.
Step 3 – Evaluation:
- Prospective candidates are screened and evaluated by Summit. Qualified candidates are presented to client and/or search committee. Clients can be provided a secure website to access materials and key documents.
- The option exists for search committees to utilize a specialized program to review and rate candidates online; Summit presents compiled results back to search committee for use as a decision-making tool.
Step 4 – Initial Interviews:
- Semifinalists are selected and interviewed.
- Finalists are recommended.
Step 5 – Finalist Due Diligence:
- Finalists are selected and on-site interviews occur.
- Reference checking and background checks are implemented.
Step 6 – Selection and Negotiation:
- Client feedback is assessed and selection decision is made.
- Offer is made and negotiated.
- Onboarding plan is discussed to ensure a successful transition.